High: Our host for the evening. They've gone to huge lengths to make our stay absolutely amazing! Thank you Danbury United Methodist & Youth Group!!
Low: My butt hurts.
Today was an absolutely exhausting day- 58 miles of climbing. (Or what seemed like it) While we did have several AWESOME downhills, the ups were pretty big. At the end, I think my average up the hills was approximately 3 miles per hour. My crew, consisting of Kristie, Emily, Heather and myself, were stopping frequently to let the legs recover before going farther uphill. When it gets really hard, I drop my hands down on the handlebars and "Just keep swimming." It's tough sometimes, but the peak is well worth it. What's even better is the "chalk" encouragement from fellow riders. This is how we communicate to each other through out the pack and the day. Whenever there is a turn or re-route, we write an arrow or a note on the road for fellow Bike & Builder's behind us. It certainly helps out a lot when you're on a never ending hill and someone ahead of me has written "You are awesome! Keep Riding!" It's great to know that someone else is suffering/has done the hill before you.
Sorry for the short post, I'm exhausted!! We have a really big day tomorrow - 78 some miles & more climbing. Hosts so far have been absolutely amazing, and we have lots of support!
I ate 2 bananas today(forget what the count is up to)
No PB&J's, but I did have a bacon & PB sandwich-I'll count that too.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steph, I remember Matt saying it was pretty rough going in the beginning, good prep work for the Rockies! That doesn't help much when you're in it though. PB and bacon! Never heard of that one, might have to try it. Zeke was frustrated last nite and had to try and catch Emma a couple of times. But, he is terrified of her hissing. Good thing for Emma. Love,mom
ReplyDeleteSteph! I love the chalk story. That is super sweet... take pictures of the chalk encouragement! I think that is something you will want to remember.
ReplyDeleteHigh: Bella. Bella is a stray cat that has made Glendora her home. All of the nursing students around here take care of her, give her food/water. She is super cute, and if Bri weren't allergic I would totally take her in.
Low: NONE! I'm officially done with school, the NCLEX review is OVER! WOOHOO!!! (Now I have to study...haha)
Keep sending me pix messages! I love to see where you are! :)
~sister