Friday, June 11, 2010

F-RIDER-day

So a Bike & Build special tradition is a 'game' called Highs and Lows, where everyone goes around the room and says a High and Low point either of their day, their week, or even their year (yes, I'll be there for you). So I'd like to start each blog posting with a High and Low for you all to enjoy... and if you'd like to comment, try a High and a Low!

High: Donated Cheese plate from church + proactive riders helping to clean the kitchen!

Low: I'm missing my little sister's graduation tomorrow - but congrats lady!! You're awesome :) Make sure Erin takes you out for a celebration drink for me!

I apologize for not writing sooner, but there hasn't been too much to write about just yet, we're doing a bunch of orientation stuff, like policy skits (which are always hilarious-good job riders!), eating of course, icebreakers like "Common Ground", cue sheets and a wonderful leader shakedown ride yesterday.

I'm still trying to figure out a structure/method/format for this blog (it's my first time ever blogging, and it's weird that you're reading my "journal") So bear with me as I figure this out. I hope you enjoy reading it, and following our trip. Don't forget the handy dandy route tracker on bikeandbuild.org

So.... It's F-RIDER-day! The riders are here!! We have a great group of riders, it was so cute when they were all getting dropped off today! A bunch of parents came, siblings, friends, etc... meeting everyone and their mothers was a treat for sure. Everyone's backgrounds and stories are so interesting too, it'll be a lot of fun getting to know people as we move across this fine continental United States.

I apologize for the short post, but I've GOT to go to bed, early rise tomorrow!

Bananas eaten so far: 3, maybe 4.
Peanut Butter & Jelly's: 0 (I'll get my first one tomorrow!)

3 comments:

  1. High: Seeing my cousin get the opportunity to experience such a wonderful adventure.

    Low: Seeing my cousin get to ride cross country this summer & NOT ME! haha have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. High: Rediscovering the joys of being excited for life.

    Low: Waiting to act on the discovery.

    Enjoy every moment, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi steph!! Today is the big day... Better have some bananas for your first big ride!
    My high: GrAduation!

    My low: sitting in procter hall all week for an NCLEX review... But the Dave concert is tomorrow!!!!!

    -sister


    Have a great first day, I hope it doesn't rain!

    ReplyDelete